CAN-BUS is a common industrial bus because of its long travel distance, medium communication speed and high reliability. It is commonly found on modern machine tools, such as an automotive diagnostic bus.
This CAN-FD Shield adopts MCP2517 CAN Bus controller with SPI interface and MCP2542 CAN transceiver to give your Arduino CAN-BUS(CAN-FD) capability. With an OBD-II converter cable added on and the OBD-II library imported, you are ready to build an onboard diagnostic device or data logger.
- • Work at CAN-FD and CAN 2.0
- • Industrial standard 9 pin sub-D connector
- • OBD-II and CAN standard pinout selectable.
- • Changeable chip select pin
- • Changeable CS pin for TF card slot
- • Changeable INT pin
- • Arduino Uno pin headers
- • 2 Grove connectors (I2C and A0/A1)
- • SPI Interface up to 10 MHz
DB9 Interface - to connect to OBDII Interface via a DBG-OBD Cable.
- V_OBD - It gets power from OBDII Interface (from DB9)
- Led Indicator:Terminal - CAN_H and CAN_L
- PWR: power
- TX: blink when the data is sending
- RX: blink when there's data receiving
- INT: data interrupt
- Terminal - CAN_H and CAN_L
- Arduino UNO pin out
- A0/A1 Grove connector
- I2C Grove connector
- ICSP pins
- IC - MCP2542FD, a high-speed CAN-FD transceiver (datasheet)
- IC - MCP2517FD, stand-alone CAN controller with SPI interface (datasheet)
- SD card slot
- 120Ω terminal resistor switch